the last week has been a bit busy for us. last week Ms. C went out of town for a wedding, so i took of a couple of days to stay with J, and then D took fri. we had a ton of fun hanging out and spending time with each other. i was sad that i had to get up this morning to go to work, and drop him off again.
so here's what has been going on with J:
- he's over 17lbs now and is in 6-9 mo clothes! yikes!
- he had his 1st fever on sept 10-11. we took him to the doc for some shots, and he got the fever in reaction to that. it was so sad to watch him - he was pitiful/miserable. and it was very scary for both D and myself, even though it is a common reaction. we just weren't mentally prepared to deal with it. but we definitely are now!
- J is a pro at rolling over, and now prefers to spend most of his time on his tummy looking at the world right side up.
- talk about chatter-box! he is so chatty these days. it's like he's telling us stories. and he's also learned to yell/screech, which is terrible for my eardrums when i'm holding him.
- he *still* will not drink from a bottle! :) and i now have a standing lunch date with him every week day. he's also reversed his cycles so that he nurses every 1.5-2 hrs at night and not so much during the day. lovely!
- he is trying *so* hard to crawl. when he is on his tummy, he will push himself up high with his hands, and try to get his feet under him. he's so determined, but he hasn't quite figured it out yet.
- J is getting so much better at laughing. he doesn't do it consistently, but it's definitely a more frequent occurance.