Tuesday, August 31, 2010
yesterday Ms. C took her little one and J out for a playdate with a few other moms and their little ones. one of the moms was kind enough to send me this pic she took of J sleeping. it's so nice to have momma friends that will keep me in the loop with what J is doing during the day. it makes me feel like i'm with him.
btw, yesterday was the 1st day that i didn't go to C's house (or she didn't bring him to my job) to feed him. she was able to get him to take a bit over 2oz by bottle. he had a bit of a rough patch around the time that i would usually go to her house, but we all made it through. hopefully he continues taking a little bit out of the bottle, and gets used to me not being there...we'll see!
we also made a stop yesterday at a local maternity store on the way home to weigh J. i had been worried this whole time that he was losing weight and withering away (yes, i'm a neurotic worrier), but he weighed in at 16lbs 11oz!!!!!!!! yes, he did have his diaper on, but i was pleased to see that he was up about 2lbs since he was weighed earlier this month at the doc's office. so that really helped to calm my fears about him not eating much during the day. and it also made me realize that soon i need to start looking into getting him a new carseat, since he is quickly reaching the weight limit on his infant carseat - yikes!
Monday, August 30, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
i've bought every kind of bottle/nipple/sippy cup on the market; in addition to this lovely/expensive bottle, which i have dubbed "the boobie bottle;" just to get this boy to eat something during the day.
i even picked up some feeding syringes from the pharmacy as an alternate method of feeding, and nothing. my baby wants NOTHING to do with any of those things. he just wants to wait for his momma! not that i blame him - i am pretty cool!! ;)
i was really stressed out about this last week. but i've just decided to surrender myself to my baby's needs (that is after all what parenting is all about at times, right?). i've been going to him during lunch time to feed him, and i think right now, that's the best plan that we've got. it seems like that is becoming his new norm, and it's almost like he is expecting me around 1200 (when he starts to get REALLY fussy/hungry). once i feed him, he returns to his happy-go-lucky self. and as inconvenient as it is for me, i really don't mind. i'm lucky to have a job that allows me to take a little bit longer of a lunch (provided that i make up the time, of course), and it gives me a chance to see and play with my baby for a bit. so i also get a bit of a pick-me-up. C continues to try and feed him via bottle/sippy cup hoping that one day he'll just take it. but for now, this is what we're doing. i know that this phase of him needing me won't last forever, so i'm cherishing it. :)
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Friday, August 20, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
well it's getting harder and harder to keep J still long enough to take a pic these days. he just keeps moving and squirming all over the place. it's hilarious, but i wish he would stay still long enough for me to get a really cute pic of him. and since we've been waking up at the crack of dawn these days, there's not much light in the room or outside and the pics look really dark (which also detract from his cuteness levels).
so what can J do now??
- he reaches out for things. for example, we have a little toy frog that dangles down on the handle of his car seat so that he can look up at it when he's in it. and he's started reaching out to touch it.
- he now makes a little sucking/clicking noise with his tongue/mouth to signal that he's hungry. it's so cute, that i usually just watch him do it, so eventually he does start crying because i'm not feeding him fast enough.
- he tries to eat his hands/suck his thumb to soothe himself when he is hungry/tired.
- it seems like he is trying really hard to roll over. if laid on his back he will turn the top of his body to the side and wiggle himself to try and get his body over.
- he still will not take a bottle. last week was his 1st week of daycare at my friend C's house, and the transition didn't go as smoothly as i hoped. he is not interested in a bottle at all. we've tried so many different bottles/nipples, sippy cups (thx for the suggestion, mackey!) and nothing. thurs he finally drank the contents of 1 whole bottle, but did not want to repeat the performance. C has had to syringe feed him, and even bring him by my job so that i could feed him. i'm not sure how we can get him to eat consistently throughout the day from the same source. :(
- he does amazingly well at social events. we had 2 weddings to go to within 2 weeks, and a birthday party. and at each event he behaved so well. he slept most of the time, but the time that he was up, he just looked around and observed things. and he loves to be held - no matter who it is (he especially loves when beautiful ladies hold him!).
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
well today is my 1st full week back at work, and J's 1st full week of daycare. it's so sad that i won't be there for all of his baby moments. but i know that will make the time we do spend together much more special. and i know that he is safe and in good hands, so that gives me some comfort.
so at 10 wks (and a day), here are some of the things that J can do:
- as of 8/3 he was 14lbs 12oz (with a diaper on, so skim a little off of that).
- he has become *very* talkative, and will just coo and blabber away like he's having a conversation with you.
- he LOVES to smile (except when you put a camera in his face of course), and he will now smile at you in response to you talking to him.
- i know he is *trying* to laugh. he opens his mouth really wide and sometimes makes a little noise, but nothing really comes out.
- he does very well at social functions and outtings. he's been to his baptism, several lunches, and a wedding, and has not had 1 meltdown.
- he can follow people things really well with his eyes.
- i think he recognizes D and i.
- he does really well when being held by people that he doesn't know
- he loves to look around and stare at things. it's like he's soaking everything in - he's so observant.
- and...he will NOT take a bottle! ;) yea all that work that i did to make sure that we well established BF-ing worked a little too well. so now we're trying to work on getting him to take a bottle (and i've bought almost every possible bottle/nipple i could) so that he will eat during the day when i'm away from him and he's at daycare.