you can see J at months 1-3 here.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
so i'll kick it off by bragging about the photo birth announcements that i purchased on Etsy from Roxter Designs. melissa was amazing to work with, and she sent us our finished product super quickly! we absolutely loved how they came out, and received so many compliments on them! i only wish i had found them earlier. by the time we had ordered them, i had already purchased some announcements on Kodak, so some of our family/friends received those instead. but the best part is that we get to keep the jpg file forever and always, so i can always order more in the future! :)
edited to add: i almost forgot another key player in our beautiful announcements - our photographer, Whitney, who provided us with the amazing pics of J.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
- he's over 17lbs now and is in 6-9 mo clothes! yikes!
- he had his 1st fever on sept 10-11. we took him to the doc for some shots, and he got the fever in reaction to that. it was so sad to watch him - he was pitiful/miserable. and it was very scary for both D and myself, even though it is a common reaction. we just weren't mentally prepared to deal with it. but we definitely are now!
- J is a pro at rolling over, and now prefers to spend most of his time on his tummy looking at the world right side up.
- talk about chatter-box! he is so chatty these days. it's like he's telling us stories. and he's also learned to yell/screech, which is terrible for my eardrums when i'm holding him.
- he *still* will not drink from a bottle! :) and i now have a standing lunch date with him every week day. he's also reversed his cycles so that he nurses every 1.5-2 hrs at night and not so much during the day. lovely!
- he is trying *so* hard to crawl. when he is on his tummy, he will push himself up high with his hands, and try to get his feet under him. he's so determined, but he hasn't quite figured it out yet.
- J is getting so much better at laughing. he doesn't do it consistently, but it's definitely a more frequent occurance.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
The Very Hungry Bottle from Mimijumi was designed with input from mothers, doctors and lactation experts, in order to best meet the needs of both mother and baby. The one-piece, easy-to-attach nipple, snap-off cap and no-skid bottom make it possible to prepare a bottle with just one hand. The nippl...
great idea, but didn't work for us
Pros: Washes Easily, BPA Free, Easy to use
Describe Yourself: First Time Parent
my son has been exclusively BF since he was born. but at 10wks when i had to go back to work and he had to go to daycare, he refused to take a bottle. so after trying every bottle/nipple on the market, i turned to this special bottle hoping that he work like it. and he didn't. so unfortunately, this bottle did not work for us. but it may work for someone else out there, so i would definitely recommend it to another mom in my position.