well today is my 1st full week back at work, and J's 1st full week of daycare. it's so sad that i won't be there for all of his baby moments. but i know that will make the time we do spend together much more special. and i know that he is safe and in good hands, so that gives me some comfort.
so at 10 wks (and a day), here are some of the things that J can do:
- as of 8/3 he was 14lbs 12oz (with a diaper on, so skim a little off of that).
- he has become *very* talkative, and will just coo and blabber away like he's having a conversation with you.
- he LOVES to smile (except when you put a camera in his face of course), and he will now smile at you in response to you talking to him.
- i know he is *trying* to laugh. he opens his mouth really wide and sometimes makes a little noise, but nothing really comes out.
- he does very well at social functions and outtings. he's been to his baptism, several lunches, and a wedding, and has not had 1 meltdown.
- he can follow people things really well with his eyes.
- i think he recognizes D and i.
- he does really well when being held by people that he doesn't know
- he loves to look around and stare at things. it's like he's soaking everything in - he's so observant.
- and...he will NOT take a bottle! ;) yea all that work that i did to make sure that we well established BF-ing worked a little too well. so now we're trying to work on getting him to take a bottle (and i've bought almost every possible bottle/nipple i could) so that he will eat during the day when i'm away from him and he's at daycare.