Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You Go Girl!!!

apparently supermodel gisele bundchen just gave birth to her son via water birth at her home! how awesome!! here is the article from People:

Gisele Bündchen is beautiful, successful and famous. Now, women everywhere have another reason to be jealous. She says giving birth to her newborn son Benjamin didn't hurt at all! It "wasn't painful, not even a little bit," the supermodel, 29, says in an interview with the Brazilian TV show Fantastico. "The whole time, my head was so focused – every contraction, the baby is closer, the baby is closer. So, it wasn't like, 'Oh, what pain.' It was, 'With every contraction, he is getting closer to me.' " Bündchen – who had a water birth on Dec. 8 at the Boston condo she shares with her husband, quarterback Tom Brady, 32, – also didn't use serious pain medication. "I wanted to be conscious and present for what was happening," she says. "I didn't want to be anesthetized. I wanted to feel." Her recovery was also remarkably quick. "The second day, I was walking, I was washing dishes, I was making pancakes in the kitchen," she says with a laugh. The only thing that was difficult was choosing a name. She and Brady spent more than a week trying to pick something that would work well in English and Portuguese – the Brazilian-born Bündchen's native tongue.

"I adore David [pronounced Davi], but he didn't like David," Bündchen says. "I liked Joaquim, but he thought it wouldn't be good ... We called him Benjamin. For me, there is no name. He is my benzinho [translation: my beloved]." Asked if the boy will be raised to be bilingual, Bündchen was unequivocal. "Certainly he won't stop being Brazilian," she said. "He's also Bündchen, he's not just Brady."

0 comments:

Post a Comment