we've been really busy lately entertaining guests. last week D's mom and sis came to visit J for a couple of days...
then my parents/sis came (and are currently still here) to visit their adorable grandson/nephew...
here are some cool things that have been happening with us:
- J is now ~11 lbs 5 oz (with no clothes on) when i weighed him a couple of days ago, so he's still gaining weight pretty regularly
- he is now sleeping a *little* longer through the nights. the last few nights he's had about 3.5-4 hr sleep cycles, which i greatly appreciate!
- he does GREAT with "strangers". as long as he's fed, he does awesome being passed around from person to person. no meltdowns at all!
- he likes to start his day off with a BIG bowel movement. i get woken up around 630-7 am to the sound of grunting, and eventually he does his business. but he seems to be making a habit out of starting his day out with an empty intestine!
- he can now follow things with his eyes/head. and it seems like he can pick out my voice and tell who i am (or at least that i'm the one with the food)!
- i'm back to teaching my zumba classes after 4 wks off! it's good to be back teaching especially since i really enjoy the people and the class! and i've been feeling great!
- i can finally wear my pre-pregnancy clothes! after ~7 months with a limited wardrobe i now feel as though my wardrobe has more than doubled. it feels great to have options again!
- breastfeeding is going MUCH better!
- J has much longer awake cycles. but again, as long as he's fed, he does fine just sitting and checking things out for a while until he wants to be held.
- he LOVES the new mei tai carrier we got from heavenly hold! he is out like a light once he's in it. and its allowed us to get out more since i'm not worried about him being fussy. we also just got a mesh ring sling with the hopes that this will make bath/shower time easier/shorter for both of us.
compared to him at 5.5 wks old...
he's filled out a bit, eh? :)